If you are born in India and are Bollywood fans then you surely know who "Manisha Koirala" is! She ruled Bollywood in the 90s and had successful innings. Having tried her hands in almost every genre, she has given us some memorable performances. Her vibrant smile, beautiful features, and perfect portrayal of expressions won our hearts back in the 90s. She has worked with all three Khans and the finest directors. Let's take a look at her powerful performances.
1. Saudagar: She made her debut with Subhash Ghai's Saudagar and her song Ilu Ilu won her many fans.
2. Bombay: First love anyone? Manisha Koirala as Muslim girl married to a Hindu man was so convincing. She played the role of a mother at the peak of her career something, most actresses avoided doing.
3. Khamoshi: She played Annie with utmost honesty. This movie was a commercial failure but performances by Manisha Koirala, Nana Patekar, Seema Biswas and Salman Khan won our hearts. Also, this movie was the debut film of Sanjay Leela Bhansali. No one could have played Annie better. Here's the proof.
4. 1942: A love story: "Ek Ladki ko dekha toh aisa laga", she was so pure in her performance that if this movie is remade, I don't think there is anyone who can play her role.
5. Mann: A Flawless performance by Manisha Koirala. I am sure the climax made us all cry because of her honest performance. I still this watch this movie because it has perfect chemistry and good acting by both the actors.
6. Dil Se: It's not easy to play a character with fewer dialogues because then expressions play an important part. Who could have played Meghana better than Manisha Koirala.
7. Vaidehi: Although this movie had many actresses, Manisha stole the show. Whether it's her climax speech or her dance with Madhuri Dixit, she was a treat to watch.
Manisha Koirala was missing from Bollywood for some time. But now she is back on screen with 2 movies. She will be essaying the role of Nargis in Sanjay Dutt's Biopic with Ranbir Kapoor. We are waiting with anticipation to see her play Nargis. Dear Maya is her other movie releasing on 2nd June where she will be seen playing a lonely middle-aged woman who wants love. Here's the trailer in case you have missed it and do watch the movie if you are true Manisha Koirala fan.