Bollywood just can’t resist copying and recently there is this trend going on in Bollywood of recreating old classic songs. Many songs are being recreated recently and the musicians are ruining the classic songs. There are some movies which have a full album of the recreated songs. Why? are they short of music also now? While some recreated songs went on to become an instant hit, others were badly composed.
Check out the classic songs that were recreated oh! sorry ruined.
1. Tumhe Apna Banane Ki: This iconic song is from Sadak movie starring Pooja Bhatt and Sanju baba. The song was so simple and romantic, however, it was recreated in Hate story 3. Do I need to say anything? ummm
2. Maahi Ve: Who can forget this song? Richa Sharma’s strong voice and Malaika Arora Khan’s super sensuous dance made it memorable. The recreated version is sung by Neha Kakkar starring Zarine Khan, not just the voice and lead changed but the feel of the song is destroyed.
3. Aaj Jaane Ki Zid Na Karo: This is a beautiful ghazal sung by the legendary singer Farida Khanum. Though it was sung many times by A.R.Rahman and Asha Bhosle, it was finally recreated in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil with rock music. This recreated version lost the magic it had.
4. Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas: This Kishor Kumar hit was recreated in ‘Wajah Tum Ho’ and it just spoiled the magic.
5. Humma Humma: This super-duper song from Bombay was recreated in OkJaanu by Badshah and his rap was a major let down. Though it gathered mixed reviews but original toh original hai boss!
6. Laila Main Laila: Zeenat Aman’s sensuous dance was the highlight of this classic retro number. This song is back with Sunny Leone in Raees but fails to create the same magic.
7. Kala Chasma: Kala Chasma, the old Punjabi pop song which was a hit back then was recreated in Baar Baar Dekho and Katrina Kaif’s hot steps made the recreated version a big hit.
8. Aise Na Mujhe Dekho: I hope you have seen the original song. The innocence was lost in the new version. Watch it.
9. Haseeno Ka Deewana: Saara Zamana had the shehenshan of Bollywood Amitabh Bachchan and Neetu Kapoor in it and it was such a good dance number. Well, I wish I could say this for the recreated one!
10. Dil Kya Kare: This is the classic cult song from Julie and recently recreated in Hrithik Roshan’s Kaabil. The song not only lacks the charm but also the feel.
I think Bollywood should better stop recreating the classic numbers and come up with something original. Because, OLD IS GOLD!